Har Zion Mitzvah-Broadway Inspired

By Admin on May 4, 2009 | 8 Comments

I wanted to share some photos from a fun Bat Mitzvah that we had the opportunity to work on in January. The theme was Broadway and we really had some fun with it. Our client was a dream to work with and totally inspired this project.

Here is the Will Call Booth we created for the event. Amanda (our very own Amanda from the Beautiful Blooms Events Studio) and her friend Nicole both assisted guests at the Will Call Booth.
broadway-ticket-booth

We also worked with Two Paper Dolls to create these great Broadway Tickets.
broadway-tickets

Four different centerpieces were created for this Bat Mitzvah. Each one of them had a specific play incorporated into the centerpiece which matched the Broadway ticket stub.
broadway-centerpiece-one

All centerpieces incorporated candles whether they were striped taper candles, floating candles or red votives cups. They really added the glow we were looking for to accent each of the centerpieces.

broadway-cp-4
broadway-centerpiece-three1

The above were all photos of the adult centerpieces. Now see below fora photo of one of the kids centerpieces, Hairspray. We also created table decor for In the Heights, Spamalot and Wicked.
broadway-hairspray-table

This was a photo of the hairspray table.

We had a fun time with this one and I think it shows.

All photos were taken for us by the wonderful Michael Branscom! Thanks for coming out on a wintery day to take these photos. We most appreciate it.

Event Design: Beautiful Blooms Events

Photography: Michael Branscom

Stationary & Letterpress: Two Paper Dolls

1. Amanda Schaffer May 7, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Working this event was amazing! I had so much fun! Our client was amazing and the decor was phenomenal!!! I loved being surrounded by all these amazing broadway shop props!

2. Steph July 21, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Hey – I was wondering where you got the frosted glass candle holders with the playbill design on them. I love them and would like to find to purchase.
    Thanks

• Donna July 22, 2009 at 12:00 pm

We actually made them for this event. Glad you liked the look.

3. Mary March 12, 2010 at 1:10 am

hi, my daughter is having a bat-mitzvah in august. we live in Florida. do you have a studio nearby? could you decorate for us? what would the price range be? it is a broadway theme. we love the ideas!!

4. Kathy Weber June 29, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Love all of your ideas. I can’t seem to read what you put on the placecard tickets. Any chance you could send me one or scan it so it is larger? We are doing a similar event and want to create tablecards for the various shows. Thanks.

• Donna July 2, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Hi Kathy,

We just choose a play name and put that on it along with the guests name.

5. Sandy July 18, 2011 at 5:52 pm

We live in Massachusetts – I’m not sure where you guys are, but your stuff looks lovely. Are you nearby or can you recommend someone here? Thanks.

• Donna July 26, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Hi Sandy,

We are based in Philadelphia but always willing to travel!

Donna